For centuries spiritual philosophers have been talking about the power of the heart center, and FINALLY the scientific community is starting to awaken to this notion that are our heart is more than an organ that pumps our blood - it's the pathway to our inner essence our connection to spirit and divine intelligence. The heart is intimately connected to our emotions located in our Solar Plexus. Our emotions play a vital role in informing us of what we're thinking consciously and even subconsciously - it imparts information. How is this important to living a wholehearted life? When you allow your heart to open you allow Love to flow. Love is who we are and when we are in a state of LOVE we are one with the universe, god, divine essence...
5 Simple practices to start harnessing your Heart intelligence and connect with your divine essence and Source:
- Awareness: Awareness leads to awakening. You are awake when you notice your thoughts versus living from them. In this state, is when we begin to see that we are more than our body, thoughts and emotions. This is the foundation to living with an open heart and wholeheartedly.
- See Beauty Everywhere: Practice looking for beauty in your surroundings, whether internal or external. "We see people and things not as they are, but as we are."~ Anthony de Mello
- Breathe: Don't forget to take a moment and just breathe. Most of us walk around with tense and rigid bodies, often shallow breathing. Take a moment and breathe in the air and be thankful to be alive. =)
- Move your Body: Movement is a great activity that allows for getting in touch with deeper feelings, sensations, stored up memories, etc. When paired with music it beautifully aligns your heart, body and spirit! When in doubt dance!
- Spiritual Practice: Having a spiritual practice is essential for increasing and cultivating positive feelings of love, peace, gratitude, happiness and joy. Some great spiritual practices that connect your to your Source, God, higher-self is through the act of praying, mediate, attend religious or spiritual service, read or listen to spiritual teachings, or practice yoga.